Rendezvous rondeau (Coffee Trotting)

Being a digital nomad, I am always on the lookout for different coffee shops that I can plug in and get some work done as I appease the insatiable need for caffeine.

There are several coffee shops in Nairobi that can pass as workspaces.
 
During one of my rondeau, I found myself at the Rendezvous Restaurant Best Western Plus Meridian Hotel (Such a mouth full name, I hope the food is good to the stomach and the hand doesn't leave empty.). This had coffee shop has been on my list for weeks and I was glad to finally pay it a visit.

Disclaimer : It is not your normal coffee lounge.

The tables are laid out perfectly for wining and dining. The ambiance is probably set for the hotel guests, well I should have figured that out from the name (Best Western) but curiosity and the need to try out different coffee got the best of me.

The
Rendezvous would pass for a decent first date venue. The Lighting is great, the music soft and soothing and the waiters do not keep coming to your table every 2 seconds to try to get you to order something. Also, they have a sort of work hallway area where you can plug in your machine and work away (my nomadism was at peace). 

The seats (in the work hallway) are super comfortable and I had to fight the urge to kick off my shoes and put my legs on the table.







I walked in the morning and it was quite polite, however at 1300hrs it turned into a beehive, that was my cue to pack and leave! I am not trying to blow out my eardrums trying to drown out people's conversation!



BUT before I leave some bathroom selfies, because why NOT!

Comments

Popular Posts