My Mugz & Brewz experience


I am all about the simple things in life, Christ, good coffee, words, good conversation, you know simple things.

Tuesdays are coffee and conversation days.

A day TrioG Events & Comm. Buys coffee and we(me and you) talk about your brand/business/company.There are several places that have been tagging on my taste buds,
 Mugz & Brewz has been top of that list since I saw some video by Kalekye Mumo Live & uncut  (yes, I check out other people’s videos to see where I can have coffee). From the set I loved the ambiance. It looked like a place I would have a first date. *Cough* (Subtle hint).

It had the right amount sophistication with a tard bit of bougie and dripping elegance. My coffee taste buds were smelling the caffeine all the way in County 16.

Tuesday morning came and the wait was almost over.

I had done a caffeine cleanse (refraining from coffee for 3 days.)in preparation.

Armed with Google Maps, high expectation, hunger, and caffeine crave, I made my way to Marsabit plaza. (Ngong road).

At the entrance, the road is under construction, this normally makes me feel some sort of way.because sasa will I really be at peace if say, I had a car and parked it outside.  Right where the construction is going on? Eeh? What if they sink a bore hole all round the car in the name of constructing a road?
Eenhe? Alafu? Ama they decided to bury the car? (Okay ignore my paranoia)

I digress.

Where was I? Oooh Yes, I was at caffeine heaven (what are high expectations?).

I walk in and my eyes take it all in. The ambiance is all that and much more. The seats are comfortable. The music that ushers me in makes me want to start a slow dance. The décor oozes creativity.

My kinda hang out.

I sit and a waitress bring me the menu. I smile, she walks away.

20 mins later, I am still looking at the menu and the waitress is no where to be seen. Flashbacks of 89 eateries come flooding in. I refuse to entertain them. I finally make eye contact with a waitress who I wave down like my life depends on it, she slowly glides towards my table. She smiles, her eyes don't get the memo.

I panic!

Ice to the waiteress : Where is the lady who brought me the menu?
Waitress : (Blank look.) Smile.
Ice : She brought me the menu and disappeared.
Waitress : (Clenched teeth.) Sorry about that.

I order my coffee. Since I was craving some wheat, I was hoping to get some either samosa or a pie. Turns out they were both not available. I wonder if they had run out or they simply don't offer them despite being on the menu.

Ice : Samosa na Pies zimeisha ama?
Waitress : (Cold stare) Hapana haziko

 *sigh*. (its okay, I won't have to deal with allergies) I should have asked if they have chapos.

My order comes quite quickly. I am impressed by their order delivery efficiency. The coffee, however, will not be bringing me back here but the décor will.

 

Comments

Popular Posts