Level 24 _ heaven's touch



Part of 2020 resolutions is to test new waters. To go to places I wouldn't normally go and reply occasionally to strangers who blurt out greetings in the streets.

Yesterday I had made plans to visit a restaurant I have never been to. (Level 24). During one #CoffeeTuesday a pal had asked me If I had ever bean (been) To the restaurant. (I had never! As a matter of fact, had I ever heard of it)

As is norm, I did some quick searches. From the pics on IG and FB, I was SOLD!

 I HAD to visit! Weee! Hapa ndio home ground for Insta Vanities!

I noticed there weren't any reviews, nor was there an eMenu which was strange (If you ask me). However, I was willing to overlook these because, VANITY!! I sent them a DM requesting them to send me the coffee Menu (to see the price). Why you ask? Well, I am glad you asked. I ain't about to send my bank account into a deeper coma than it already is. (P.S I live for steals)

When morning came (Wednesday, jana), they hadn't replied. So, I felt some type of way. Kwa makasiriko I decided to check out Honey & Dough (which is another place I have been secretly coveting). (wink). According to GMaps, the two places are in westie. Since either way I had to visit one place, I decided to head out to westi.
Mimi huyoo, kwa mat, na GMaps. While in the jav, I check out Honey&Dough’s website to get a feel of the prices. As I wait for the page to load, something catches my eye (see pic) they advise you to make a reservation before visiting. EHE!
Reservations tena? What are these? Lakini, surely, mimi am I really committed to this kind of dining? Pffftt! Of course NOT.


Looking for coffee


Aya, we depart from town at 1200, Level 24 still hadn't replied.
Since I was already heading to westie, nikaona wacha nijaribu this booking thing.
Ice : (to self) It can’t be that bad.
Went on the site, chose, the number of guests (One) and the dialog box brought options for the timings available. Hapa ndio Kizungu ulikuwa Mkuti. Next available reservation was at 1800hrs. (it was 1210hrs)Sasa, mimi, Ice, I wait for a reservation (on Wednesday)
Aya. Back to original plan! Level 24.


We get to hio stage ya Delta(westi) and I see the Honey&Dough signage.

Ice : (to self) *mcheeew* hata si feel limited.

We get closer to Lion's place and ms.Google informs me that I should get ready to take a left to old waiyaki way. I almost give the tout those directions. But caught those words before they could escape the throat!

Ice : (To the tout) shukisha next stage
Tout : "gani"
Caffe Machiatto

Ice : (blank look) hio iko next.
Tout : “madam unajua Kwenye unaenda”
Ice: Hapa, lakini Google inajua.
Tout: (blank look) shukisha Dere...

I get off and change directions from car to walking the rest of the way.
Google is shocked!

I see it's a 10mins walk. I look at the sun, feel it boiling my brain, I look at my shoes, just got them polished before I boarded the mat.

Abort Mission!

I get a jav back to CBD and shelf that level 24 Story.

(You thought I'd end here? Hahah).

The plot thickens!

In the evening I get a DM from Level 24. They sent the coffee Menu.
Prices are great! I now MUST GO!

Morning comes: Thursday. (Today)

















I have a 0630hrs meeting in county 47 and my favorite client (doula Lily) has a day off so I get to borrow one of her earthly possessions to get me to my meeting.

The meeting ends at 0800hrs. GUESS who gets to follow Google to level 24. *points to self-*.

I get to Le’Mac building (where Level 24 is) and some uneasiness creeps in.

The building has an aloofness I always avoid. But the guard is so sweet, she lifts some uneasiness.

I park in the basement go up to ground floor where the reception is.

The receptionist gives me the *what do you want look*. As she chews on her gum the Mpesa lady kinda style. Lakini, hakuna shida, I am on a greater mission!

Ice : erm. I'd like to go to level 24.
Receptionist : Ok. ( she pulls up a book, asks for my number, and ID)
Ice : (Looks for my ID in my bag that has Greyson and half tribe of Manasseh stashed in) I think I left my ID. Do I need to get it? (I give her the half smile hoping she will let me pass)
Receptionist: (with NO rumor of smile anywhere in her lineage) Yes.

I walk back to the car.

When I finally get my ID, and walk to the reception, I pray that level 24 is worth All the hustle.

Aya. Mimi huyoooo Up the lift.


Level 24
Coffee View

 



IG perfect






















I step out of the lift and the first thing I see is a GYM!

I Panic! There is a reception there. I ask the lady behind the desk if I am in the right place. Level 24 restaurant.

She smiles. “Yes”, She says, “straight-ahead”.

I walk past the gym to the restaurant.

My heart stops beating! The air all around me refuse to go to my lungs. My feet almost give in. I have to bite my bottom lip to prevent it from hanging loosely. Because : - WHAT A SCENE!

YOOO!!! *Insert scream*

Even in my wildest dream, I'd never think it possible to have this kind of perfection.

The open space! The window seats! The view of Nairobi! The friendly waitress! Ah! Ah!

I had walked into my dream within a dream date venue!

Ice : (To the waitress) can I take pics
Waitress : No. Sorry. Management doesn't allow.
Ice : (hearing the words but not really understanding what those words mean) Huh.
Waitress: (shrugging) Sorry. But you can take pics of the view.
Ice : Can I take pics of my order?
Waitress  : Yes, yes. You can.
Ice : What coffee would you recommend?
Waitress : I don't like coffee..
Ice : (puts hand to my chest) (gasp)
Waitress : (laughing) let me ask the barista what he'd recommend.
Ice : Thanks. Also, what do you have for biting that doesn't have eggs?
Waitress : Actually we are a vegetarian restaurant. So none of our pastries have eggs.
Ice : (Gasps) Good Lord!

Is this what heaven feels like? 

Level 24 (Black eye)

Black eye



Pale restrooms



 

Bottoms up!

This one could not believe his eyes
Latte Machiatto



Bado ako hapa Thomas_ing

Parting SHOT

Bill time




















Comments

Popular Posts