Coffee haven ( Spring Valley Coffee)

 
Finding a place that has good coffee, and is digital nomad friendly is not that hard, especially in county 47 (Nairobi). However, getting a place that checks All these : 
1. great coffee. 
2. Amazing work space.
3. Top notch customers service.
4. Feels like home. 
5. Cozy. 
 
well that is a TALL Order.

Lakini, what are tall orders? 
 
It has been a minute since I tried out a new ( New to me ) coffee joint.
Today, we break that minute! 
 
The account is in ICU,fighting for its life, but the need for coffee trumps the death of the account! (Right)?
 
RIGHT!!
 
Spring Valley Coffee
has been on my wish-list for a while now and a few reviews later, I NEEDED to pay them a visit! 
 
Pulled up at the Lower Kabete Branch!
 
One foot inside and immediately knew I was in trouble. 
 
EVERYTHING About the space is like stepping into a dream! It is a small cozy room that fits not more than 15 people. The ambiance is rustic with huge window that open the space into the natural vegetation that is growing on the front porch of the coffee shop. The barista, and the waiters are behind the counter with smiles so bright, no wonder the sun is out here trying to proof a point! The coffee opens up its soul to usher you in. You step into a world of possibilities! Here ALL things are possible! 
 
Host : (From behind the counter as she makes her way towards me) Karibu.
Ice : ( Grinning) Asante!
 
I ease into the seat closest to the window. Best place to people watch, enjoy the scenery, and get some work done.

Waiter : What would you like to have? 
 
Ice : ( Thinking about the account and ignoring the caffeine crave) erm... Can I have an Americano, please? 
 
Waiter : A single shot or a double? The single has 30ml of espresso, and the double has 60ml. 
 
Ice : ( Smiles)(Whispering to self) *This must be heaven!*
 
Waiter : Sorry, I didn't catch that...
 
Ice : Erm, I will have a single shot! Thanks. 
 
I walk over to their coffee beans display area to have a look at the coffee blends they have on display.
 
Waiter : (walking over to me) We actually use the espresso, dark roast, medium grind to make our in-house coffees. 
 
Ice : ( Whispering ) Yes, this is definitely heaven)... Maybe I should have a double shot?
Waiter : No. A single shot is perfect. Our cups are small, you will get a great feel of the coffee quality.
Ice : (Choosing to ignore the account's beckoning) ; Can I have a brownie and a packet to go, please.
Account : Ice, are you serious??
Ice : You Live Once!
Account : (Screaming)I am on my Death BED!
Ice : *Sips Coffee* It is What It is!
 
A few Moments Later..
 
Ice : Can I get a cappuccino
Account : (Flat Lines) 












 

Comments

Popular Posts