Have you bean (been)?

The best coffee joints in Nairobi are not only amazing places to just chill out and have coffee, but also double  up as great space spaces for office especially for digital nomads.

Here are some 5 coffee shops near me. Since I am a digital nomad, most of them double up as workspaces for a day. When you are in Nairobi, you can stop by and check out some of these amazing coffee havens. You will have the energy for days!

Barista&Co  


To kick us off is Barista&Co and as the name suggests, the coffee is meticulously prepared, each sip will leave you yearning for more. The ambiance is not only welcome but also soothing. It feels like time loses its grip on you as you ease into the seats.

The Collective Restaurant and Art Gallery : 

If you are all about the glitz and glam that come with fine dining, then head on out to the collective Restaurant.
Eh! 
The customer service will leave you dumbfounded not to mention the mind-blowing house coffee that gives you a taste of perfection. 
A drink straight from paradise. 
Also, try out their fruit salad, it will give you a sneak preview of how the garden of Eden was like (I imagine that's what Adam and Eve enjoyed all day). I am truly impressed by the overall experience. I will definitely be back to try out the live band, which happens every Friday night. I hear it is life-giving (:

 

The African spiced tea was well Brewed and the fried cassavas were mouth-watering.

Very chilled place. Low traffic which is great if you want some quiet time. Also, it's very accessible seeing that it's on the road towards Naivasha town. It still looks new so I'd like to come back after some time to see how it is going. This has been benchmarked!!


  After 40 Hotel

I remember a time when I always had my head in a book. Suspense was my kryptonite and I did all I could to take in a few words to lessen the suspense. I'd get in trouble because of reading a novel during preps Time or when the agriculture teacher is screaming his heart out about some plant that would bring cash (cash crops). 
Back then all I needed was a Book and I could survive in an isolated island. After 40 Hotel is a great place t get in some words through the eyes. If convenience is what you are looking for, then the After 40 is home. 

Pallet Cafe 

My soul can't get enough of this place. From the set up their house coffee and fried sweet potatoes. If you are looking to factory reset your Ki(Qi/Chi) I suggest you make your way to this Cafe


Point Zero

Sometimes you might find yourself stuck with the car and need to kill time. Head on over to Point Zero Cafe Pointzero Coffee The coffee is okay(nothing to write home) and the menu is super limited. Other than a veg Samosa there is nothing else I could eat. The joint is also ideal for taking great photos and holding long meetings. The staff minds their business unless you need them.


So I guess this is a convenience joint. Not a coffee joint you'd wake up and intentionally choose.


These are some of the places I have had the pleasure of trying out their coffee :)

Comments

Popular Posts